Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bring home the bacon!

My first few months here in Cebu was quite exciting, knowing that we were gonna have some "showdown" for all to know that we have balls and we have something between our ears. What a brave act! We came here, together with my classmates for a review in preparation for the BIG game that we call – board exam! I’ve learn camaraderie - That could either be true or just feign. Sounds vulgar, but it’s true. Anyway both of them will not make any difference for some people having a gullible disposition. I have learned all of that…

I have witnessed how my classmates/board-mates strive for recognition. Some were so outspoken on how high they want to get. Some were just so quiet but made a real sound in our wekly-exams. Some denied that they were aiming for the Top. Though they tried to conceal it, their tired eyes disclosed everything.
I won’t deny that I aimed for the Top. In fact, I aimed for it. I wanted to ace it. And I did, in a different way. I did not make it to the top but for me, I’m still a victor. Victorious because I was given a chance to know more about of myself. I’ve learned how my mind works and how far it can get and I have seen my limitations as a person. Now I have the idea on how am I going to use whatever the things that I have… I learned to love myself more that I had loved my self before. What a nice experience!

No comments: