Monday, March 26, 2012

The Camotes Island



A balanced dose of risk and fun made my February 2012.

A spike of confidence awakened my long dormant years of shunning motorcycle driving. Obviously, I am not into motorcycle. Not that I fear that, but I just don’t find it interesting, or something to look forward into. Pardon me to those who worships bikes or motorcycle, but I don’t find it that interesting the way you see it. I have to say also, that I find it very ironic knowing that I have been working as an engineer in one of the biggest automotive industry for more than 6 years now. Would it be the right time to change gear to this perspective?

I was left with an option to either drive or just stay in the beach hotel and deprive myself of what other things Camotes Island’s to offer. I came with a half-hearted decision to risk and drive. The first few spans were like riding an untamed horse (at least, not a wild bull). Jolt, halt, and beeps are the “hows” I introduced myself to the roads going to Santiago Beach. Not that far though, but it was long enough to help me regain my memory on driving. I felt again the humming to almost deafening sound of the air as squeeze for more speed. It felt good to hear that again but at the same time, I felt the risks. This is totally unsafe driving. No helmet, no license and no other protection except for the wide-eyed attention of a novice driver.

The Santiago Beach Resort  
We reached the beach! It was a mixed emotion of success for reaching the beach hotel, and was an uneasy feeling of anticipated driving after a short lunch break. As expected, after we checked-in and took our quick lunch, we headed for our 2nd stop, gasoline station. LOlz. Getting a free advice on best route to take, for me, earned him a spot on my blog. But no kidding, people in the place offered not only good advice, but they too, offered a warm welcome to their local tourists.

It took us around two hours of driving to reach our 3rd stop – the Bukilat cave. Stalactite and stalagmites formation, dripping water, and eerie ambience are what I observed as we descended into the cave. This may sound very common on caves. But what seemed to be different were the stalagmites forming an altar-like structure amidst the shallow water, and ray of lights coming from a hole up in the ceiling of the cave. It looked like a center stage alluring someone to perform the grand finale. Indeed, we were captured by its magnificience, and we captured it too! Several slow-stuttered shots we took from the beauty of the place that we took along even after we left the cave! 

Bukilat Cave


The ALTAR


Ang asu og ang adlaw! :)

The Lonely Coco

Danao Lake, Camotes Island

Danao Lake

It was around 5 PM when we started trailing back from the cave to our hotel. We are expecting around two hours of driving, again. But it didn’t happen. Some seemingly simple spots made us hit the brake and started shooting! The subjects: “aso og CR” (Smoke & CR), and Lonely Coco.

5 comments:

Bee Chavez said...

I am expecting a 2nd part of this blog. haha! bitin!

Unknown said...

Puhon, hehe. Bitin jud.. hahaha.

Bee Chavez said...

hey why puhon. You wrote these 2 entries in seconds! haha!

mike said...

ahahaha.. ranxi.. nalingaw ko sa imong comment about bicylces. wa ko gadahum nga kutra gusto diay to.. hahah

Unknown said...

dli lang jud ko ana ka confident og drive sa bike... hehhe. but worth ang pagtake og risk atoh.. hehehe