Sunday, September 16, 2012

Half Full

This is for real. Few weeks from now, I will be transferring to my own house. I have to say, it wasn’t an easy decision. I have to consider even the time of travel from home to office, accessibility to market and department stores, and most especially, my finances. Everyone is thinking that I have a fat paycheck that I can afford to get my own house. They didn’t realize that I have given-up some of my life’s perks like travels, camera upgrading, badminton, and even luxury of going to new restaurants. Well, I didn’t zero out everything. But it was something that requires much for discipline.

I have to give credit to most of my Lear’s friend who influenced me to get one. Most of them have their families of their own, and getting an own house is one of their “should-have-beenS”. For me, their wisdom is far more reliable that my usual spur-of-the-moment impulse. I won’t deny it, some of my decision are based on such. I can’t help it, my sanguine personality sometimes freaks! My co-saguine would refer this as “spontaneity”, but others would say – lack of vision! LOLz.

Moving to a new place always excites me. But it isn’t all that. I have to prepare myself also to the uncertainties. Some may think that risk of uncertainties can be mitigated by preparing oneself financially. But what is more uncertain than living with new neighbors of unknown background or personality? At this point, I have to rely on optimism. Looking on things half full.

2 comments:

Brennan said...

WOW! You have a house already Kuya!!! Congratulations! :) Now I have another place to crash in if I find myself in Cebu again...

Unknown said...

not yet, hopefully i can move in next month. sure!