Tuesday, April 03, 2012

ZERO Travel for Holy Week!

TEMPTING! The best way to describe these invitations I received for the upcoming holiday. This is difficult for me to resist, knowing ME (Laagan!).Travel has been one of my interests, and it’s killing me to turn-down a good travel offers. Here is the list:

1. Bantayan Island
Never been to this place! And most of the people would say that this place would transform into Cebu version of Boracay during Holy Week. Quite contrary to the usual “holy” atmosphere during Lenten season, the place offers parties and parties along the beach. I cannot agree or disagree more on what I’ve heard, but this is the usual remarks I got. Perhaps, I can give you a better picture of the place and the happenings if I will pay a visit to Bantayan myself. Anyway, what is so tempting about going there on this holiday is that I will have a free ride! How did I turn it down? I just said, “I need a more relaxing and quiet place… “

2. Dumaguete & Siquijor
If I didn’t turn down the offer; this will be my second time to visit Siquijor and 4th time to Dumaguete. I definitely love the place and people. I find the place of Dumaguete so relaxing, and one of the best places I always recommends to couch potato! I have to mention also that this is the hometown of my two friends, Mike & Lorie. This, I think, the reason why I feel so at ease going to this place. Siquijor! This is known, to almost everyone, as a place of enchantments, witchcraft, and other spooky-eerie not-one-of-us stuffs. Not really sure if this gives a positive impression to others. But for me, this adds to the thrill in exploring the place. I even wished to see the human-figured paper dancing while someone is tapping a stick. Though nothing is touching the paper, the stick seems in a perfect control over its movement. Like every tap and beat correspond to a certain movement.

3. Surigao & Siargao
My Ex-colleague told me of their plan of going to Surigao/Siargao, Cagayan de Oro, and Iligan. Joyride! That was the exact the term they used. I’ve never been to Siargao, and this I find so inviting! Aside from going with a group of exactly crazy as me, the place is part of bucket list of places I want to travel. I turned it down after they presented it to me. I told them that I am preparing for another travel for the end week of April, and that would mean, I need to save money.

4. Malapascua
A badminton teammate invited me to go with them to Malapascua! The island is located in the northern part of Cebu. The last time I went there was (I think) year 2005, November. We had a good time with my church-mates when we went there. For sure, this travel will be fun too! But sorry, I have to decline for the same reason; I have to save some amount.

Going thru with these invitations, I realized that this is a form of fasting, or abstinence to what you really love doing!!!

4 comments:

Bee Chavez said...

exactly, Kuya.
Fasting sa imong addiction wc is travel. lolz
Yeah. I should save up too for our upcoming trip. :p can't wait!

Unknown said...

can't wait too.. :) paytz!

Synz said...

I've been to Bantayan way back 2008, and we had so much fun back then. Then came Gov. Gwen... you know what happen next. :)

Unknown said...

:) I am totally clueless on this... tnx for visiting my page :)