Sunday, April 22, 2012

One

Woke up this Sunday morning with lots of anticipations in mind. My bedroom was filled with happy thoughts, and it felt good. Can’t help but smile for the things I had looked forward on that day. As a usual morning routine, and while still on my bed, I turned on the TV. The tremble of the speaker echoed in every corner of my room giving a jolt to everything it touches. Few clicks on TV remote control and there! This is what I need, I told myself. I love food and watching TV cooking series excites me much. Suddenly, I felt the urge to go to the market to complete the things that I need – for my cooking. And so I did, after taking a quick bath, I headed to the market. Everything seemed so quick, I got all the things I needed, and rushed back to my house (boardinghouse, btw).

Got limited space and utensils in my little kitchen but it didn’t bother me. I had every sense of me in focus! I believe I was smiling the entire time that I was preparing the ingredients, and it continued as I was starting to stir, flip, smell, and taste the food that I was cooking. The verdict: PERFECT! Just exactly I wanted it to be. I can’t wait to put my dish in its rightful place – plate and palate. I didn’t waste any time as rush of adrenaline and excitement filled me. Alas! Every food is served on the table. As I watched the neatly arranged table, I realized that there was something amiss. There is something really missing! Slowly, the excitement ebbed out of the room. Seemed like a spotlight slowly dimming the once happy orchestra overcome by a deafening silence. Indeed, there is something missing - You.

No comments: